Koryagin Sergey Aleksandrovich
Year of birth - 1973. Radio amateur call RA3TBE. VKontakte page (http://vk.com/id193170337).
Space plasma physics, plasma under extreme physical conditions, magnetic white dwarfs, pulsars - neutron stars, active galactic nuclei.
High school 96 at Nizhni Novgorod with honors (1991), Advanced School of General and Applied Physics at Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod with honors (Bachelor of Science - 1995, Master of Science - 1997), postgraduate studies at Institute of Applied Physics (2000), degree of Candiadate of Science in Physics and Mathematics (PhD) for the thesis ``On the theory of the radiative and collisional processes in a magnetized astrophysical plasma'' (2001, scientific supervisor Academician V. V. Zheleznyakov), Associate Professor in Plasma Physics (2010).
Associate Professor at the Advanced School of General and Applied Physics of the Lobachevsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod (practice - solution of problems on mechanics at 1st course, physics laboratory courses at 1-3 courses); supervisor of the Bachelor diploma works (I. I. Bubukina, 2007; S. A. Arsenyev, 2011; I. A. Balandin, 2014); head of the subject committee at Nizhni Novgorod city intercollegiate competitions on astronomy, astrophysics and cosmos physics since 2007; invited lectures ``Basics of plasma physics'' at 8th School of Modern Astrophysics (Puschino, Russia, 2012); supervisor of the scientific research works of high schoolers (1998-2001); member of the jury at the final conferences of Young Researcher School at the Institute of Applied Physics.
- Institute of Applied Physics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (PhD student (1997-2000), junior researcher (2000-2002), researcher (2002-2006), senior researcher (since 2006 up to now));
- Lobachvsky State University of Nizhni Novgorod (senior lecturer 1998-2003, associate professor since 2003 up to now);
- Max Planck Institute for Astrophysics (visitor, 2002).
Ordinary member of the European Astronomical Society (since 2011), member of the scientific council of Plasma and High Power Electronics Department at the Institute of Applied Physics (since 2010 up to now), expert at the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (2005-2010).
- State Premium of the Russian Federation for young scientists for outstanding works in science and techniсs (2003);
- The Russian President grants for the state support of the young Russian scientists (2003-2004, 2007-2008);
- Diplomas at the competitions of the young scientists' research works at the Institute of Applied Physics (winner in 1998 and 2000, second place in 2002 and 2007, third place in 2003 and 2006);
- Acknowledgement letter from the Administration of Nizhni Novgorod for the significant personal input at the organization of Nizhni Novgorod city intercollegiate competition on astronomy, astrophysics and cosmos physics (2009).