Gaponov-Grekhov Andrey Viktorovich
counsellor of the Russian Academy of Sciences
academician of RAS
Born on June 7, 1926 in Moscow, married
- Gorky State University , 1949, radiophysicist
- Post-graduate courses of Radiophysical faculty of the GSU, 1949-1952
- Ph.D. thesis “Electromechanical systems with sliding contacts and dynamic theory of electrical machines”, 1954, scientific supervisor – academician A. A. Andronov
- Awarded the degree of Doctor of science in physics and mathematics for the results of Ph.D. thesis, 1955
Scope of professional interests:
Radiophysics, microwave electronics, hydrophysics, nonlinear dynamics
- 02.1942 – 10.1943 – mechanical engineer of the Gorky Physical-Technical Institute (GPTI)
- 10.1943 - 09.1945 – student of special faculty of the Gorky Industrial Institute
- 09.1945 - 04.1949 – student of Radiophysical faculty of the GSU
- 05.1949 - 07.1952 – post-graduate of the GSU
- 09.1952 - 09.1955 – senior teacher, assistant professor, professor of the radioengineering chair of the Gorky Polytechnical Institute (GPI)
- 09.1955 - 09.1956 – senior scientist of the GPTI
- 09.1956 - 11.1966 – Head of department of the Radiophysical Research Institute (RRI), professor of the Nizhny Novgorod State University (NNSU)
- 11.1966 - 12.1976 – Deputy director for science of the RRI
- 12.1976- 06.2003 – Director of the Institute of Applied Physics RAS, professor of the NNSU
- 06.2003 - 12.2005 – scientific supervisor of the IAP RAS
- since 2006 – Counsellor of the Russian Academy of Sciences
Membership in professional organizations:
- Elected a corresponding member of the AS USSR, 28.06.1964
- Elected an academician of the AS USSR, 26.04.1968
Awards, prizes, grants:
- two Orders of Lenin (1975 and 1986),
- Order of October Revolution (1981)
- title of Hero of Socialist Labor with awarding Order of Lenin and golden medal “Hammer and sickle” (1986)
- Order "For great services for the Motherland (Third Class)” (1999)
- three State prizes of the USSR (1967, 1983, 2004)
- Demidov prize (1995)
- M. V. Lomonosov great golden medal (2000)
- “Triumph” prize – Russian independent prize encouraging highest achievements in the field of science (2004_
- Chairman of the Council for Russian Federation President's grants for state support of young Russian scientists and for state support of advanced scientific schools of the Russian Federation
- professor, scientific supervisor of the faculty “Higher school for general and applied physics” of the NNSU
Most significant papers and results:
About 150 papers have been published in total. The most important of them are:
- Gaponov A.V. Electromechanical systems with sliding contacts and dynamic theory of electrical machines // In commemoration of A. A. Andronov.
M : AS USSR press , 1955.
- Gaponov A. V. Excitation of a feed line by non-straight electronic flux // Izv. VUZov . Radiofizika. 1959 . V . 2, No. 3 . P . 443-450.
- Gaponov A.V. Interaction of non-straight electronic fluxes with electromagnetic waves in feed lines // Izv. VUZov. Radiofizika. 1959 . V . 2, No. 3 . P . 450-462.
- Gaponov A.V. To the paper “Interaction of non-straight electronic fluxes with electromagnetic waves in feed lines”: Letter to Editorial Board of Izv. VUZov. Radiofizika. 1959 . V . 2, No. 5 . P . 836-843.
- Gaponov A.V., Miller M. A. On potential wells for charged particles in high-frequency fields // ZhETF. 1958 . V . 34, No. 2 . P . 242-243.
- Gaponov A. V., Miller M. A. On application of moving high-frequency potential wells for acceleration of charged particles // ZhETF. 1958 . V . 34 . P . 751-752.
- Gaponov A. V., Freidman G. I. On shock electromagnetic waves in ferrites // ZhETF. 1959 . V . 36 . P . 957.
- Gaponov A. V., Ostrovsky L. A., Freidman G.I. Shock electromagnetic waves // Izv. VUZov. Radiofizika. 1967 . V . 10, No. 9-10.
- Gaponov A.V. Theoretical and experimental research resulted in development of the new class of electronic devices – cyclotron resonance masers // Quantum electronics. 1974 . V . 1, No. 5.
- Gaponov-Grekhov A. V., Rabinovich M. I. Vibration, Chaos, Structures. Springer Verlag, 1990.
- Applications of High-Power Microwaves. Artech House / Gaponov-Grekhov A.V., Grantastein V. L. (editors). Boston-London, 1994.
- Gaponov-Grekhov A.V., Tokman M. D. On inversionless radiation of non-equilibrium collectives of classical oscillators // ZhETF. 1997 . V . 112, 4 (10).